BWN season wrap-up
Date Posted: 5/22/2018
A successful season comes to an end
The Blackwater Nordic board of directors wishes to thank you for your part in another successful season. Your dues, donations and many volunteers allowed us to offer something very special to our community. Here are some highlights:
• Despite being constantly tested by Mother Nature, we were able to provide the best conditions in the area. Our dedicated and competent groomers repeatedly transformed the trails surprising us all! Special kudos to Jeff Eitreim and Rob Rothe for their expertise and tireless efforts. As other local venues were closed, we were able to host not only Hopkinton High sponsored races but several additional significant high school events.
• Due to a 15% increase in membership and additional school race fees, we ended the year over $2000 ahead of budget and a total of $5,000 surplus which will be put toward out capital reserve. We will continue to run a tight ship and be prepared for future equipment maintenance, repairs and purchases.
• Our free clinics with Stuart Kremzner were very well attended. Stuart has coached Olympic, professional and master athletes in multiple sports. Most recently he coached Concord High to multiple state championships.
• Night skiing was resurrected and expanded to 2 nights a week.
• 4 new board members were added who brought fresh new ideas and energy.
• The 32 BKL members enjoyed practices 3 times a week this year! All drastically improved over the course of the winter. Those who had never skied finished the year skating. Those too timid at first to go down hills were asking to go down the biggest hills every practice! They also participated in several races including a Nerf Biathlon. This was all made possible by leaders Rob and Juliana Dapice, Sam Garland and the many parent volunteers. Most importantly, thanks to all the kids who made the year such a success.
Check out our PHOTO ALBUMS to see what you are making possible by your continued support and involvement. Thank you!
- Great Glen Trails to host NEBKL Festival in 2020
- UVM’s Patrick Weaver 2019 NENSA Coach of the Year
- 2019 Club of the Year Award: Frost Mountain Nordic
- June 5th Edition of KickZone is here ~ read all the Breaking News!